Every piece of jewelry will require care and maintenance over time. Gold, platinum, diamonds, and other fine jewelry materials are very durable, but are not indestructible. Everyone wears their jewelry differently and depending on the design of the piece there may be more or less maintenance required.
To keep your jewelry in the best condition possible we recommend the following:
- Remove jewelry before housework, heavy lifting, exercising, before sleeping, outdoor work, showering, bathing, or swimming.
- Remove jewelry if it could be exposed to chemicals of any kind. Cleaning chemicals, lotions, soaps, makeup, and perfume.
- Cleaning jewelry on a weekly basis with warm water, dish soap, and a soft bristle toothbrush. You may also bring it in to us to be professionally cleaned! We offer complimentary cleaning, check-ups, and prong re-tightening anytime.
We rank our engagement rings and fine jewelry's attention for care and maintenance on a scale of low, medium and high. This will help give you an idea of what ring styles will work best for your lifestyle, or help understand the maintenance required for the piece.
- Low - an easy to maintain style and that you should have checked at least once a year. These are typically pieces with no or very little side stones set into the piece.
- Medium - you should have this style checked at least once every 6 months. Typical medium care pieces include dainty styles, such as rings under 2mm or rings with french pave stones.
- High - These types of styles take more work to maintain and you should have this style checked at least once every 3 months. Pieces in this category can be 3D Pave pieces, eternity rings, and other pieces where there is very little metal to show off the stones.